Characterising the influence of different wheat cultivar rhizospheres on variations in microbiome diversity and functionality
- Dr. Robert Jackson – SBS, University of Reading
- Dr. Liz Shaw – SAGES, University of Reading
- Prof. Kim Hammond-Kosack (Rothamsted Research Station)
- Dr. Tim Mauchline (Rothamsted Research Station)
- Dr. Jake Malone (John Innes Centre).
- October 2015
Biological control of Take all disease of wheat has focused on the isolation of Gaeumannomyces graminis var. tritici (Ggt) the causative agent suppressive microbes. Here I explore the wheat microbiome in a long term field experiment for possible effect of wheat cultivar on the genotype of associated fluorescent Pseudomonas spp.